Vandad is a talented litigator with substantial trial and arbitration experience gained at top-tier national law firms Dentons LLP and McDermott Will & Emery LLP before joining the Law Offices of Steven Goldsobel in 2018. He successfully represents individuals and companies in a wide variety of industries, including the tech, telecom, healthcare, and financial services industries in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in private arbitration. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including contractual disputes, trade secret misappropriation, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, and white-collar matters involving governmental investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Justice, and by state and local prosecutors. Vandad helps his clients understand the risks and benefits of litigation and provides creative and cost-effective strategies for achieving a favorable resolution of their disputes.
Vandad earned his J.D. at UC Hastings College of the Law in 2007 and graduated summa cum laude with his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia in 2004.
He is licensed in California, Washington D.C., and New York.
- Defend LLC healthcare management services organization against minority LLC members who filed a judicial dissolution action and prosecuted LLC’s counter-claims against same minority LLC members for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract, which resulted in highly favorable settlement for client, including disassociation of minority members for negligible sum and dismissal of dissolution action
- Obtain immediate dismissal of company executives through demurrer and motion to quash for lack of personal jurisdiction against claims involving intentional interference and breach of contract
- Defend hospital against claims asserted by counterparty involving indemnity and breach of contract for unpaid Medicare claims, which resulted in highly favorable settlement at a small fraction of potential damages
- Defend executive of Mexican company in False Claims Act litigation prosecuted by government in D.C. District Court involving purchase and supply of hospital equipment through the Export-Import Bank of the United States, which resulted in highly favorable early settlement that was less than the anticipated defense costs and a fraction of the overall damages by leveraging prosecutorial misconduct to obtain favorable outcome
- Represent physician who was the target of a DOJ criminal investigation involving alleged patient referral kickback scheme; through our investigation of documents and witnesses, we provided the government with a presentation of evidence absolving client of misconduct, which resulted in a non-prosecution
- Represent shareholder and director of closely-held corporation in prosecuting claims involving breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud, and intentional interference claims against 2/3 majority shareholders, and defend client shareholder against similar counter-claims
- Defend physician against employer healthcare provider and surgery center against claims involving invasion of privacy, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and trespass resulting from physician’s cooperation with law enforcement agencies against employer; the exclusion of employer’s key evidence through pretrial motions resulted in dismissal of claims against client before jury selection