Steven M. Goldsobel
Steven M. Goldsobel is a former federal prosecutor and partner of the White Collar Crime Practice Group and Trial Department of the international law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery. Mr. Goldsobel’s service as a federal prosecutor has equipped him with a unique perspective to counsel and advise clients facing criminal investigations and indictments. He has extensive practical experience in a wide variety of white collar criminal matters, including health care, tax, securities, and environmental violations; money laundering; bribery and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, to name a few. As a result, Mr. Goldsobel regularly interacts with representatives of U.S. Attorney’s Offices across the country, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Health and Human Services, the Internal Revenue Service’s Criminal Investigation Division, the Securities & Exchange Commission, the California Attorney General’s Office and local law enforcement.
Mr. Goldsobel also represents clients in business disputes and other civil litigation matters in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings. Mr. Goldsobel’s clients include healthcare professionals and other health care providers, telecommunications companies, and a host of firms across the country in other business sectors.
Steven M. Goldsobel
- Chair of the Executive Committee, Healthcare Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Chair of the Criminal Law Section, Federal Bar Association, previously Vice-Chair and Secretary.
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- White Collar Crime Subcommittee, Criminal Justice Section, American Bar Association.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Tax Division, Criminal Enforcement 1993-1997
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, District of Columbia, Special Assistant U.S. Attorney 1994
- McDermott, Will & Emery LLP, Partner 1997-2004
- Law Office of Steven M. Goldsobel, Founded 2004
- Moderator, Ethical Issues for Healthcare Lawyers, Los Angeles County Bar Association (December 2017)
- Planning Committee, Healthcare Law Annual Compliance Symposium, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Navigating The Criminal Enforcement Minefield for Physicians, California Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (April 2016)
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts (Central and Southern Districts of California)
- U.S. Courts of Appeals (First and Ninth Circuits)
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 1993 (Dean’s List, Vice President of the Student Bar Association)
- University of California, Santa Cruz, Legal Studies, B.A. 1990