Areas of Practice
Health Care Fraud
- Regularly represent physicians accused of Medi-Cal and Medicare fraud.
- Defended surgery center and its owner in fraud and False Claims Act litigation brought by national insurance company on behalf of the State of California for illegal capping and performing unnecessary surgeries.
- Represented Licensed Vocational Nurse charged with practicing outside scope of license.
- Represented Physician’s Assistant charged with kickback violations.
- Represented Durable Medical Equipment supplier in exclusion proceedings and criminal investigation.
- Represented billing consulting services employee in criminal and civil investigations regarding submission of false cost reports.
- Represented laboratory accused of over-billing the Medicare program and illegal kickbacks in investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of California.
- Represented inventors of biotechnology products in criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of California for submitting false data to obtain approval by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Represented orthopedic surgeon regarding illegal billing practices by physician group and strategies for addressing such practices.